Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Summertime Fun!

I found this blog that I did last summer while at a friends lake home and never published! It wasn't even my computer I typed this on. I had forgotten all about it until I was looking through my old blogs and came upon it. So here goes, Girls. This one's for you!

Here I sit talking to all my friends at the lake. We do this every year getting together and staying somewhere overnight to just hang out with the girls. This year we are at Paula's lake place on Union Lake. It has been a beautiful couple of days. There is a light breeze, sun is shining and the company is wonderful. Just girls. No kids. No men: Just us girls.

It fun to sit, curl up in a chair or couch, drink some, tell stories and get in touch with all the gossip. Some of the "girls" I work with now and some I have worked with and have remained good friends. We keep in touch in such fun ways. Like Bunco, and cards, crafts, and like now, getting those little tips and tricks that everyone uses to beautify oneself. You Know!? Girl stuff: Like sparkles on our toes, or fingernails, french braiding our hair. Just doing the pajama-party-girl-thing. It is great!

I will try and post some pictures when I get some from Jen or Paula. It is so fun.

Since I'm an only child, I never got the opportunity to be with sisters. These women seem like what sisters would be to me if I had any. So it is so great to get together for these sleepovers. It is so relaxing to just hang out and not have to do anything. No makeup, not fancy clothes, just bathing suits, or jammies, or whatever we want.

We each brought something to eat. Jen brought breakfast. Yummy. We had breakfast tacos, mini quieches,(spelling), Ihop pancakes. I brought dessert because the raspberries are ripe. I brought stawberry, (raspberry), short cakes with a cream cheese filling and fresh raspberries and a tart raspberry syrup. We all seemed to bring something to drink, mostly alcoholic. LOL!!!! Snacks, whatever! We played games and watch a couple episodes of TruBlood since we did have a couple of TruBlood virgins that hadn't seen even one episode. Can you believe it? They hadn't laid their eyes on Jason! OMG!!! They didn't even know what they were missing!

Big breakfast was yummy. Jen also put fresh raspberries in the pancakes and we used my raspberry dessert filling, syrup and whipped cream on them. Yummy and totally naughty!!!

Hopefully, we will do this again next year. Way too much fun not to.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh I wish it were summer! How fun was that!