Sunday, December 14, 2008

Storm Day today

Wow, what a day! The storm we are getting today is NASTY! It's -9 degree F and the wind is really whipped up to almost 0 visibility. Nobody is going anywhere except the crazy snowbirds. They don't seem to mind it as they have been at the bird feeder for hours this morning. Probably need the extra calories! They are fun to watch as they try to find the best little drift and hide in the leeward side to stay out of the wind. They are always looking for the best place and often times are seen trying to steal an other's spot in a little drift. Sometimes, they huddle together. I didn't know they did that.

The two wild bunnies we have in the yard are not outside today, (smart). I'm sure they are all snug under the snow in the old long grass from last fall. We have a few wood piles that I'm sure they are under sleeping off the cold. They will come out when the weather clears. Even if it is -20 F, they will be out and about looking for something to eat as long as that dang wind isn't too bad. These are cottontails so they haven't turned white like the Jack rabbits. I feel kinda sorry for them until it snowed as they had already turned white and we didn't have snow until late. They stood out like a sore thumb, poor things. Especially with the Bald Eagles around. My hubby actually saw one last weekend, which seems late for them, but, if there is food, I guess they will stick around.

I'm going to try and post a picture of today's storm. It is all new to me, so hopefully, it will be accomplished. It seems to be taking forever. I'm not using a camcorder, though, I used my Sony Cybershot camera, which may be the problem. How do you get the files to be smaller? Also, I noticed that I had a spot on my camera lens. Sorry about that! I also forgot about sound with this little camera. My hubby had the TV turned to the Outdoor Channel, so the sound you hear is from that, not my comments. It has actually gotten worse since I posted the video. The house shakes when the wind gusts hit.

Thanks for viewing. If you have a comment, feel free to leave one.

Don't forget to check out my Esty page at kaeti.etsy.com and see what new things I have posted. I suppose I should quit and get to doing my Christmas letter. We do one every year and it's hard to do. It's also good to do as it makes you think about what you did all year. Those things just slip into the memory banks without any file name and then you can't remember when they happened. Oh, well. Bye now from Crazy Cold in the Red River Valley.

No comments: